Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gettysburg....


For the close of our school year we had a field trip to Gettysburg Battlefield. We have an audio tape tour that was purchased years ago when Zack and Ryan were small and so we listened to that as we followed the signs. We stopped off at some key areas (per the children LOL!) two of the towers and at Spangler's Spring area to climb the rocks. It was extremely windy and cool that day and on top of the tower it was really bad! The first tower was rather small (compared to the others) and didn't make me nervous at all but the second tower (see picture at bottom) was very, very high! Not a big deal but when I have little Samuel wanting to climb the steps himself and 4 other adventurous ones nearing the top without me I'll admit I panicked. :) They all listened well though and I think the other tourists were quite entertained by this mom of many small children on top of a very tall tower being anxious and coaching her little ones to "settle down" and "not to get too close". LOL!  We made it back down without incident (THANK GOD!) and then they all climbed on the cannons. It was a very good day! 



I just love Samuel's smile in this one. :)


Isn't it gorgeous? All that lush green...





We spotted a monkey vine and everybody had a turn swinging!







The Tower of Fear....LOL! 


2 comments:

Arielle said...

Glad you guys had a good day!!!! =]

Denise said...

I would have been a wreck, too! :)

It looks like Samuel is having no problem keeping up with his big brothers and sisters!