Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sticks in the head....

We just finished up learning all about volcanoes in school. It was interesting and even I learned alot from it! I try to incorporate music as much as possible because that seems to help my kids retain things more.  I found these two songs and they were such a hit! Connor loves the bottom one and sings it at the top of his voice....often! LOL! Nolan loves the top one and knows it word by word.

I think they are sad we are moving on to earthquakes and tsunamis. LOL!  It's amazing how much the kids learned. I find that kids are capable of learning great and wonderful things if we let them. When we "dumb-down" or "water-down" topics we are underestimating their God-given abilities! When I would share with Sean what I was planning on teaching them he'd say, isn't that something they are taught in  such and such grade? I don't know, maybe you are expecting too much but I wasn't. They learned and have a working knowledge of volcanoes. Sean was pretty impressed with what they shared during our dinner table conversations!! :) So homeschooling mommas, dream big when you are planning their studies. You may have to go a bit slower and review often but what they can and will learn is exciting!!







Nolan: "Mom I like the word magma."
Me: "Yeah, it's pretty cool huh?"
Nolan: "It's like magma-mi-a!"  LOL!!
Me: "You are such a riot!"
Nolan: "I know and guess what I even like the word spew. Such a little word for such a big job". LOL!!

Oh my goodness, isn't he a riot?! He makes me seriously laugh every.single.day. My precious, precious boy! :)

1 comments:

Debbie said...

I saw this picture this week. http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_1397.html

What wonderful encouragement this post is. I've found myself forgetting that Isabel is 4 and can understand so much more than I give her credit it for. I am trying to explain things more, like what an utter is, that was her question today.