Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Sunday, October 14, 2012

He's HERE!!! He's HERE!!!

So after a whirlwind trip to Oklahoma to see our son graduate from his military training school we are back home and trying to get life settled back into our "normal". :) But, but, but!!!!!! The very best part of all is that RYAN IS HOME!! Praise God! We get to enjoy him for a couple of days before he heads off to K*rea to serve for 18 months. Poor boy. We are sucking the life out of him. LOL! It's been non-stop fun having all his old buddies over, laughing, reminiscing, wrestling (boys!), eating!!, and just trying to soak up the moments together. Looking down the row at church and seeing my big boys sitting there....makes me tear up every.single.time.  Last night we heard that long-awaited sound....Ryan playing his electric guitar very loud. It sounded soooooo good!! I'm dreading when we put him back on the plane later this week but am thanking God so much for this opportunity to love on him to hold him over. :)

So forgive me in advance for gushing about my boy.....but this boy aced his classes! He had a score of 97.75% and received Distinguished Honor Graduate. He had to give a speech which he was so nervous about but he knocked it out of the park. I'll admit my homeschooling mommy pride meter was off the charts about that one!! LOL!

Truly, he is such a great guy! I just love being around him and I love to watch him with people. He is such a great relationship guy, encouraging, helping and giving of himself to others all the time. That's why he is so loved here at home and there in his barracks. Our last night with him in Oklahoma we were waiting to say goodbye and had to wait and wait and wait because he had to make his rounds talking to all the newer soldiers. Then he got to us and we started to walk outside and there was a constant calling of his name. Then when we got to the car we were swamped by another 4 guys just wanting to talk with Ryan. LOL! Yep, he's well liked because he loves well. He cares about people. He is such an example to me and I can't help but wonder what God has in store for him. I know it's going to be GOOD!! :)

Pictures to follow.....:)

3 comments:

Tereasa said...

Saw the pictures! He's so handsome. I am so happy for you!

Debbie said...

Yay!! That's wonderful!!! So glad he's home for a bit enjoying the family.

Denise said...

So happy for you! I can just feel the love in your words. Very nice pictgures, too!