Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, December 14, 2012

Heartbroken...

I can't even imagine the horror, pain and questions swirling in the minds of the parents and families that have just lost their precious loved ones in the school shooting in CT.  To see that headline pop up on my news feed caused my stomach to clench and tears to course down my cheeks. Such madness! Such tragedy! Why?! WHY?! Life is so un-valued these days........

I talked with my children at lunch about what happened and then we all prayed. They were quick to thank me for homeschooling them, which I appreciate but school shouldn't be a place where you take your life in your hands just walking through the front doors. People this is what we've become because we've allowed our foundation (GOD!) to be stripped away. The morals and values this country was founded on are fading away and that's where we Christians MUST take a stand! Does your life shout I LOVE JESUS AND THAT'S WHY I'M DIFFERENT?!  Do you choose to stand for truth even when your job, your friendship, etc is at stake? Do you say no when you are asked to go or do or participate in something you know doesn't reflect Christ accurately? We have always told our kids that character is when you do the right thing even when no one else is looking! Do you have character? Are you sharing your life, your hope and your Savior with others? We can not be these people that enter church on Sunday with our masks on and projecting the lie that we are living one way and then all the other days living another way. That's why so many don't want to become Christians! They see we are no different than them. Let's start a revolution. Let's choose today, right now, to start changing the tide of society....not in a little, tiny way but in a big, live it loud way! I think it's time, don't you?! My heart can not take more of these tragedies....

I LOVE JESUS AND THAT'S WHY I'M DIFFERENT!! 

1 comments:

-stephanie- said...

AMEN! I'm with you Lisa.

Such sadness today.