Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Living the Secret....

"My gracious Father created for me a home with adoring children and began a rapidly growing ministry helping His people. While my hands had done some of the physical work involved in these endeavors, I actually accomplished none of it.
 People often asked me then as they do now, "How do you do it?" The answer has never changed and it is so simple: I don't. 
It's just a little bit of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus. 
This plan, these "accomplishments," they are so not my own.
 I am dependent.
 Powerless.
 Weak. 
Drowning. 
While those adjectives may sound scary, they put me in a beautiful place, a place where I couldn't go one minute without crying out to my Father or I would sink.

 I remember being so grateful for that place and I still am. 
Paul says in his letter to the Phillippians that he "knows the secret." 
He has been well fed and he has been starving; he has lived in abundance and he has lived with nothing. 
His revelation? 
That he could do all things through Christ who strengthens (Phillippians 4:13) 

 I was learning that the powerless, broken, dependent place 
was actually the place where the Lord was closest to me."

~Kisses from Katie~



1 comments:

Mama Ds Dozen said...

"It's just a little bit of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus. "


Love that line.


:) :) :)