Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Little Help Here....

Today while walking in the woods I was reminded of a good truth........

After a rainy, damp morning the sun finally poked through and we were able to get out of the house a bit before the next shower passed over. The children and I slipped-slided our way to one of our favorite spots...the fallen tree deep in the woods. As they hunted for treasures of moss, lichens and mushrooms, I was thinking on a certain childs' behavior and how to "fix" it. Sadly, I was not in the moment or even the least bit excited about the treasures they rushed back and forth showing me. I mindlessly helped Samuel and Nolan walk across the downed tree and was ready to move on when Kyalynn's voice called me back to the present and the task at hand....loving and enjoying these little ones!  "Mommy.....MOMMY....a little help here.....PLEASE!" I looked up to see this gregarious, beautiful child standing on the log, hands outstretched towards me, eyes begging for me to see her need for help and to come and rescue her. The rain had caused the log to be more slippery than normal and although she now has mastered walking in flip flops, crossing a tree with flip flops proved more than she could do on her own. :) As soon as my fingers nestled into hers she was off....happily and quickly maneuvering across that log with ease. When she had finished the first thing she said to me was "thank you for helping mommy", and then she was off looking for another treasure.  

As I've thought over my day, the good, the bad and the ugly of it, that picture of her outstretched hand and her words keep calling me back. I wasn't certain why it kept niggling at me. Then God showed me and I thought I must share it with you because certainly there has to be others (or at least one!) that needs this reminder as well. 

I tend to want to do it all and on my own. I know, I know, control issues. I'm working on that! LOL! Anyhow, so many times I am so overwhelmed, or so burdened in my soul, or so discouraged and instead of asking, as Kyalynn did, "A little help here please", I pull up my big girl undies and continue plodding on. But wait! What does the King say I should do about this?? 

“In my distress I called to the Lord;
    I called out to my God.
From his temple he heard my voice;
    my cry came to his ears.

17 “He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.
18 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me.
19 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
    but the Lord was my support.
20 He brought me out into a spacious place;
    he rescued me because he delighted in me.

33 It is God who arms me with strength[h]
    and keeps my way secure.
34 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
    he causes me to stand on the heights. 
2 Samuel 22(NIV)


Such an excellent chapter reminding me that I am to ask for help when I need it. It's not wimpy or showing that I'm not cut out for this job, it's showing I'm human! Everyone gets overwhelmed, burdened and discouraged at some point....everyone! When I'm humble enough to ask for help, God will provide it one way or another. As a stay-at-home mom, sometimes I feel the need to prove I have this all under control, but the truth is, I don't! God does! As I grumble and moan under the weight of my load I must realize that all I need to do is call out because He is waiting to deliver me because he delights in me! Just as my precious Kyalynn knew....because I love her all she had to do was call out to me and I would rescue her. That's exactly what God does for me and you! 

Another truth reminder brought to me by the treasures of my life....


1 comments:

Denise said...

Beautifully written, Lisa, and a wonderful reminder. Praying for you, my friend!