Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Broken...:(



We've had a trampoline for 15+ years....
We have 7 children...
We've had many, many other children on our trampoline thru the years....
but this boy is the first child to ever be injured on the trampoline!

Well....almost on the trampoline....let me explain....LOL!
So a couple of weeks ago as I was cooking dinner I heard a commotion from outside which signaled "TROUBLE".  LOL! As I appeared on the scene there was Nolan rubbing his jaw and Samuel picking himself off the ground. The other children gave me the "scoop". Nolan was coming off the trampoline, Samuel was coming up the steps and didn't want Nolan to get off and he began pushing Nolan. They were on the steps of the trampoline and they went off the side. Apparently, Sam's collarbone broke his fall. :) However, we thought he just had a sore shoulder. Bless his little heart. He wouldn't use his arm and had a rough night so the next morning I took him to the doctor. The Dr. thought he had a nursemaid's elbow but did x-rays just in case. Thank God he did. That's when he saw Samuel's collarbone was broken! Little man has been sporting a sling and bandage for the first week or so but honestly, he kept taking it off so we just left it off. He saw the ortho dr. and he said he looks good, still not healed (after 2 weeks) and to just not let him fall on his arm. OYE! Apparently dr. doesn't have any boys. LOL! Let's see...he's breakdanced with his arm, jumped (repeatedly) off the couch, his bed, the chair...you get the picture. :) It hasn't slowed him down at all and we just thank God it wasn't worse. 

P.S. The trampoline is out of commission for now until I decide if I want to keep it up or not. I hate to see anyone else get hurt yet dear husband reminds me that our statistics are pretty good over the years so we shall see.....

1 comments:

Denise said...

My little buddy! What a trooper. I hear you about the trampoline. We have one, and I think that it's so good for helping our kids regulate and burn off some of that never-ending energy. :) I do worry, though. Of course, one friend broke her arm jumping off our swing, and my daughter broke her hand falling off the neighbor's hammock. I'm almost afraid to even say this, but we've never had a trampoline injury. :)