CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Neglected.....

Hello.....anyone out there??

 Hello...can you hear me??

Geez, it has been way too long since I've checked in here. I just can't seem to be consistent with blogging. I have plenty to share but time just is fleeting for me. It saddens me though that I won't have a steady record of the "goings-on" here on the Mountain Top. :(  BUT life is to be lived and enjoyed to the full and no matter if I post here or not I can guarantee you that we are doing just that! Most days I fall into bed beyond exhausted but all in all I am so very, very thankful for my life! 

So on to the good stuff..... Well, the VERY good stuff is that my precious son, Ryan, who is serving in the Army in Korea is home right now on leave!!! We haven't seen him in 15 months! Seeing him walk through the airport doors was amazing but hugging his neck after this long was......priceless! So extremely grateful that God has allowed us this time with our boy. Today is his 20th birthday and we are so happy to spend it with him this year. Lasagna in the oven, ice cream cake in the freezer and a table full of family gathering to celebrate this precious one. I have to tell you that after all these years it has become glaringly clear to me that it doesn't matter how much money you make, how much you have in the bank or if you drive the top of the line cars that determines your wealth. I am RICH. Rich in love....rich in God's good gifts....rich in ways that money could never buy. Forget the diamonds and 5 star vacations just give me my family, a cozy home, and books and I'm good. :)

We are coming up to a year that my father in law suddenly, tragically passed away. The wound is no longer tender and raw. Much healing has happened in my heart and my soul but you can bet that I cherish each moment with my loved ones nowadays. Life is truly just a blink.

Samuel is heading quickly towards his 4th birthday, which is so hard to believe. Our littlest is full of spunk and joy and brightens our lives. I will try and do a post on the children here soon. They are changing and growing so much. 

Until then I pray you are all well and keeping your eyes on the One who sustains.

1 comments:

Denise

I can't keep up with blogging, either, Lisa! I appreciate reading your updates when you can post them, though. :) I'm so glad that Ryan is home, and what a blessing that he's there for his birthday! I also can't believe that it's almost been a year since your FIL passed. It does make us appreciate our loved ones, doesn't it? How is it possible that your little cutie (okay, *one* of your little cuties!) is going to be four already? I hope that you'll post pictures; I go through withdrawal when I go too long without seeing pictures of him and your other little ones. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo
D