Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, August 29, 2014

ZEST!


zest
 noun \ˈzest\
: lively excitement : a feeling of enjoyment and enthusiasm
: a lively quality that increases enjoyment, excitement, or energy
: small pieces of the skin of a lemon, orange, or lime that are used to flavor food


Yes! That's it. That describes our boy perfectly! He lives his life with enjoyment and enthusiasm and he certainly does increase our enjoyment of life 100 fold!


Samuel Tobias is 4 years old now and I can't even put into words how very, very thankful I am to have been hand-picked by God to be this boys' mom! Just look at that amazing smile! 


My oldest and my youngest..... 

Our Sammy T is a fighter. He isn't going to let labels hold him down. Although he is delayed quite a bit in speech and other areas he IS making progress! 
Praise God! 
He is constantly amazing me with new things he can do!
Riding his bike with training wheels and actually pedaling it. 
Potty training.
Trying very hard to dress himself.
Able to say some words that we understand so he doesn't have to point and grunt. 
Can pick out some letters of the alphabet and numbers.
Knows his name.
Loves to help do chores each day.
So funny....he loves to make others laugh. 
He does this crazy monkey dance that is THE cutest thing EVER! :)
Can pick out parts of the body.
Brings zest to everyone he comes in contact with!!




When we learned about Samuel T. over 4 years ago we were not in a position financially to adopt again. We knew we'd be adopting again but we thought it would be a year or more down the road. Then we heard about this little baby and the odds stacked against him and we prayed God would bring him the perfect family. Never thinking it would be us! How God worked it all out so beautifully and quickly still brings tears to my eyes. Samuel's "theme song" is "Mighty to Save" because God did move all the mountains. Then to make his adoption that much more stellar was the fact that we got to meet and love on his precious birthmom. Oh my heart. One of the BEST days of my life, hands down! 



Samuel loves his siblings. It's good he has a large family to thrive in.
 He loves being in the mix of it all and if you are feeling down he's quick to pat your arm and say his version of a prayer. :) 



He loves cookies and if you can't find him just look in the closet that holds the cookies. I've had to resort to putting the cookies in tupperware so he can't get into them. He's been successful with the crackers though and I can just follow the trail of crumbs to locate him. LOL! 


I thought this was cute, the speech therapist told me this week that when she has him practice a sound and he is having a hard time with it she will go to model it and he will put up his little hand, as if to say "I got this", and then try until he gets it. Now that's what I'm talking about. He is trying so very hard and I couldn't be prouder of him! 


Oh yeah. 
My boy with zest...God has BIG plans for you! 
And you know what....one of those plans was to teach me what strength, determination and zest looks like!


0 comments: