Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Book Reviews

   I recently received 2 books to review and I am happy to share my thoughts on each. This first one truly surprised me. I did not remember what the story line was about and so when I gathered the children to read this aloud to them I was pleasantly surprised. The story is about a little boy who is born "different". He has special needs that cause him to be slower at learning and walking and such. His parents the King and Queen allow him to be who he is and later his "differences" help in a big way. I won't give it away, but I will say that ALL of us loved this book! I will admit to shedding a couple of tears at the end and hearing the "ahhhs" and "ohhhs" from the kids just cemented in my mind what a wonderful, thought-provoking book it truly is. One that will continue to be read over and over in our home! :)

   This book grabbed my attention right away when I saw it was about St. Francis. One of my all-time favorite missionaries! Ms. Goudge has incredible skill as a wordsmith and she quickly draws you into the story of his life. Such a powerful read about a truly great man and his great God!


Disclaimer: I received this book for free in exchange for a review. All thoughts and opinions are mine.

0 comments: